About Workspace Group (WSG):
WSG is a full-service contract office furniture company dedicated to designing and installing creative, cost-effective furniture solutions with impeccable service and attention to detail. As an authorized MillerKnoll dealer, our specialty is creating dynamic, collaborative workspaces – whether at home or at the office – that inspire and unlock the potential of your team!
The Sales Support Specialist will actively support and assist salespeople in the A-to-Z process of contract sales, from prospecting to quotation, product ordering to hand-off (to the project management team). This role will also be the front-line owner of our modest furniture showroom upkeep and coordination. This is an in-office role.
- Assist sales team members in their efforts to develop and close sales opportunities in the contract furniture commercial sector.
- Assign and track progress of sales leads and projects using the company’s CRM software.
- Coordinate and ensure sales and design documents are organized and distributed internally and externally to collaborators and clients in a timely manner.
- Liaise with clients and/or client-hired firms to keep them updated.
- On award of business, hand-off and collaborate with internal operations team to ensure product sourcing and installation meets client expectations.
- Oversee showroom space to ensure merchandising standards are maintained.
- Greet and assist walk-in showroom clients with furniture product demo and selection.
- Maintain supplier pricing contracts and related documentation.
- Monitor, respond to, and/or re-direct customer inquiries and resolve issues.
Other Key Responsibilities:
- Monitor assigned client projects, including administrative follow-up and troubleshooting.
- Schedule meetings and other client-related activities when asked.
- Present product offerings and educate customers on options and use.
- Provide data and guidance to help the sales team; suggest sales process improvements.
- Occasional site visits in furtherance of client satisfaction, industry event participation, and supplier-led product presentations.
- Maintain established sales-related reporting as assigned.
Required Skills, Experience & Education:
- Preferred: 2+ years in a similar role, preferably in a furniture, contract sales, or custom product environment.
- Experienced, hands-on user of ERP or CRM software/systems (or equivalent experience).
- Customer-focused self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Confident troubleshooter and problem-solving mindset.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Thorough understanding of sales principles and customer service practices.
- Herman Miller or Knoll product knowledge an asset.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business certifications an asset.
WSG is an equal opportunity employer. Compensation based on experience.